- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gov. Nixon appoints prosecutor for Ripley County
DONIPHAN, Mo. -- Gov. Jay Nixon has appointed a new prosecuting attorney for Ripley County, and it is a familiar face for the Southeast Missouri county.
Christopher Miller of Doniphan will take over as prosecutor following the resignation earlier this month of Monte Phillips. Phillips gave up the job, saying funding for the office was inadequate. He was elected in 2010 and earned $45,580 annually.
Miller operates a law practice in Doniphan and has served as county prosecutor three times, most recently from 2007 to 2010. He is also city attorney for both Doniphan and Naylor, Mo.