- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Glenwood C. Blechle, 82, of Jackson passed away Saturday, June 16, 2012, at the Jackson Manor.
He was born Feb. 13, 1930, in Cape Girardeau, son of Fred and Velma Clark Blechle. He and LaDonna Bond were married July 14, 1950. She survives.
Blechle was a member of St John's United Church of Christ, near Fruitland. He graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School in 1948 and served in the U.S. Navy. He was a member of the Order of Eastern Star in Jackson, of High Twelve and of St. Mark's Masonic Lodge 93 in Cape Girardeau. He formerly worked at Mineweld Inc. in Cape Girardeau and retired in 1991 from Luhr Brothers Construction after 20 years of employment. He enjoyed extensive traveling with his wife, LaDonna.
Survivors include his loving wife, LaDonna Blechle of Jackson; a son, Keith (Bonnie) Blechle of Jackson; a daughter, Toni Blechle; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and a sister, Jean Blechle.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rodney Pensel and the Rev. David Schaffner officiating.
Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given to St John's United Church of Christ or Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association.
McCombs Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.