- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Sylvester P. "Syl" Buchheit, 76, of Perryville died Saturday, June 16, 2012, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
Buchheit was born Sept. 26, 1935, at Perryville, to August and Lorine Schnurbusch Buchheit. He married Donna Steinbecker on June 14, 1958, at Belgique, Mo. She survives in Perryville.
Syl was a Prudential Insurance agent in the Perryville area for 28 years. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, and a fourth-degree Knights of Columbus.
Syl is survived by his wife, Donna Buchheit; two sons, Tim Buchheit and Todd Buchheit, both of Elkhorn, Wis.; two daughters, Barbara Patton of Highland, Ill., and Amy Brandt of Eureka, Mo.; four brothers, Carl Buchheit of Perryville, Danny Buchheit of St. Louis, Lynn Buchheit of Anchorage, Alaska, and Ralph Buchheit of Oklahoma City; five sisters, Doretta Balsman of Island Lake, Ill., Evelyn Otto of St. Louis, Myrtle Gettinger of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Velda Burdin of Herculaneum, Mo., and Ruth Buchheit of Denver; 10 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers with the Knights of Columbus will be at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m..
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.
Memorials may be made to the St. Vincent de Paul School Endowment Fund.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.