- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Marcella Ann "Sally" Poyner, 65, died Saturday, June 16, 2012, at her home in Charleston.
Born on Oct. 17, 1946, at Belleville, Ill., to the late Cletus J. and Helen Blackman Haas, she had lived in Chicago, and Elkhart, Ind., before returning to Charleston. She was of Catholic belief.
Sally is survived by a daughter, Teresa Kaye Poyner of Crete, Ill.; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Mike and Paula Haas of Cape Girardeau and John and Jill Haas of Charleston; a sister, Nancy Chandler of Charleston; a nephew, Kent (Jenifer) Chandler; a niece, Angie (Aaron) Andrews; three great-nieces; a great-nephew; and a special family friend, Ellen Crosier.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a niece, Angela Michelle Haas.
Visitation will be from noon until 1 p.m. Tuesday at the McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston. A Memorial Service will be at 1 p.m.
Interment will follow in the Calvary Cemetery near Charleston under the direction of the McMikle Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Online condolences may be made at www.mcmiklefuneralhome.com.