- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Bridge briefing scheduled in Butler County
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold an open-house community briefing to discuss additional Safe and Sound bridge improvement projects in Butler County.
The briefing will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. June 26 at the Neelyville, Mo., City Hall. Improvements through Safe and Sound were considered to be complete in Butler County after projects were completed on routes TT, OO and AA, but savings were identified and additional projects were prioritized.
One of the projects added will replace the Highway 142 bridge over Main Ditch in Butler County. Work to replace the bridge is expected to begin in early July, with completion anticipated in late August. In addition, MoDOT is looking into replacing the Highway 142 bridge over Long Slough. The project could be completed in conjunction with the Main Ditch bridge replacement.
For more information, contact district construction and materials engineer Andy Meyer at 573-472-5296, assistant resident engineer Tammy Hefner at 573-840-9781 or 888-275-6636, or visit www.modot.org/southeast/safeandsound.htm.
150 Park St., Neelyville, Mo.