- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Charles "Avon" Payne, 75, of Arnold, Mo., passed away Thursday, June 14, 2012, at Des Peres Hospital in Des Peres, Mo.
He was born Aug. 28, 1936, at McGee, Mo., son of John and Virgie Williams Payne. He and Kay Albert were married Jan. 30, 1960, in St. Louis.
Avon had been a truck driver.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Charles D. Payne of Richland, Mo., Carl L. Payne of Imperial, Mo.; two brothers, Denver Payne of Advance, John Payne of Brownstown, Ill.; three sisters, Loretta Barks of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Rita West of Lowndes, Mo., Cleo Wisdom of High Ridge, Mo.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Doyle Payne.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at McGee New Hope Cemetery in McGee.