- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
TAMMS, Ill. -- Robert Lee "Bob" Foltz, 83, of Tamms passed away Friday, June 15, 2012, at Veterans Affairs Nursing Care Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Jan. 29, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, son of Joseph and Edith Riley Foltz.
Robert was a member of First Baptist Church in Tamms and a retired carpenter.
He was an Army veteran of the Korean conflict.
Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Norma Jean Wiseman Foltz of Tamms; a son, Ronnie (Julie) Foltz of Phoenix; a grandson, Bradley Foltz; a stepgrandson, Jeffrey Moore; a brother, Eugene Foltz of Tamms; a sister, Anna B. Lloyd of Marble Hill, Mo.; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Tom Bridges and Bob Kirby officiating. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill., with full military honors by Illinois National Guard Burial Team and area veterans.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to TIP Hospice, 125 Leigh Drive, Anna, IL 62906, or Tamms Baptist Church, c/o Della Stiff, Tamms, IL 62988, in memory of Bob Foltz.