- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Amen Center to hold 5K Run/Walk
The Amen Center in Delta and the Glen Allen United Methodist Women will host a 5K Run/1-Mile Walk from 8 to 11 a.m. June 30 to benefit the crisis center. The cost for the race is $20 before June 20 and $25 after June 20. The Amen Center assists families and individuals to recover from a setback, crisis or tragedy that will require a place of refuge for a transitional period. For more information, call Kim Mitchell at 573-382-1247 or visit amencenter.org or on Facebook at facebook.com/AmenCenter5kRun.
Local church to host Dove Brothers
The Dove Brothers, of Bladenboro, N.C., will perform a concert at the First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. There will be no entrance fee, but freewill offerings will be received. For more information, call 334-2234.
Central booster club holding golf tournament
The Cape Central Booster Club will hold its 21st annual golf benefit tournament to raise funds for the organization July 6 at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. The funds raised will help carry out the organization's mission of providing financial support to Central High School's students, teams and organizations. Last year, the club provided more than $35,000 in support of the school's various athletic teams, student organizations, athletic department, school library, CHS Hall of Fame and academic scholarships. Hole-in-one prizes include a new Honda from Cape Girardeau Honda and a $10,000 cash giveaway. Both morning and afternoon tee times are available as well as various levels of sponsorship opportunities. To register a team for the golf tournament or to secure a sponsorship, call Jerry Kratochvil 979-5716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.