- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illinois man hurt in Stoddard County ultralight crash
PAINTON, Mo. -- An 80-year-old Illinois man was taken for treatment by a Stoddard County ambulance Thursday night after the ultralight plane he was piloting went down about 8:30 p.m. in a cornfield in rural Stoddard County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the plane went down near Painton in the northeast part of the county. The plane went down near Airport Road and Route O. Troopers believe it may have clipped the tops of corn stalks, causing it to crash.
The Federal Aviation Administration was notified.
Airport Road and Route O, Painton, MO