- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Rita H. Todt, 87, of Oran passed away Wednesday, June 13, 2012, at Chateau Girardeau in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 20, 1925, in Chaffee, Mo., to Robert J. and Mary Griffin Margrabe. She and Harold J. Todt were married June 1, 1948. He preceded her in death Sept. 24, 1985.
Rita was an elementary schoolteacher and started her career at Caney Elementary. After earning her college degree she taught in Sikeston, Mo., before marrying. She raised her family then returned to teaching after her youngest son was born. She taught for a total of 29 years.
She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, St. Ann Sodality and Ladies K.C. Ettes Council 4311. She was also past secretary-treasurer of Guardian Angel Credit Union and past member of MSTA many years.
Survivors include four sons, Michael (Sandy) Todt of Sikeston, John Todt of Astatula, Fla., Charles (Deana) Todt of Cape Girardeau, Dale (Susan) Todt of Jackson; four daughters, Margaret (Leman) Loftis of Branson, Mo., Mary (Jim) Senciboy of Fenton, Mo., Lucy (Larry) Brindley of Oran, Cathy (Bill) Johns of Festus, Mo.; two brothers, Lawrence Margrabe of Florissant, Mo., Marvin Margrabe of Benton, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Harold Todt; a daughter, Jane Todt; two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish rosary will be at 7 and K.C. prayers will be at 7:15.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Guardian Angel Catholic School or the Oran School District, and may be mailed to Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel, 203 W. Yoakum St., Chaffee, MO 63740.