- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
TAMMS, Ill. -- June "Teen" Smith, 78, of Tamms died Thursday, June 14, 2011, at Day Star Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born in Thebes, Ill., May 26, 1934, daughter of Clyde and Mattie Pettit McBride.
June was a member of Alexander Free Will Baptist Church. She was a past trustee of the village of Tamms. She worked at Tamms IGA and then as a teller at Capaha Bank.
She is survived by a daughter, Sharon (Dennis) Abercrombie; a son, Gary Newell; a granddaughter, Hope (Jed) Mix; a grandson, Joshua (Michelle) Abercrombie; four great-grandchildren, Blake, Paige, Bailey and Clara Mix; a brother, Frank (Virginia) McBride; three sisters, Roberta Cox, Clyda (Donnie) Lamb, Patricia Tolbert; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, Leon Boyd and Donald Smith; an infant daughter; parents; three brothers, William, Bob and Harold McBride; two sisters, Carmen Jones and Gaynelle Troha.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Earnest Brown officiating. Interment will be in Old Thebes Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.