- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Summer baseball roundup: Jackson Senior Legion bests Jackson Senior Babe Ruth
Jackson Sr. Legion sweeps pair
The Jackson Senior American Legion baseball team swept Jackson Senior Babe Ruth in a doubleheader Wednesday night.
Post 158 romped 12-3 and 13-5 to improve its record to 9-5.
Jackson had 13 hits in the opener, led by Laban Petzoldt with three. Caleb Rowald had a grand slam among his two hits. Cody Heisserer was the winning pitcher.
Cole Blanton had four of Jackson's nine hits in the nightcap. Freddie Hattenhauer notched the victory on the mound.
Scott County Legion posts sweep
The Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team swept a doubleheader from host Charleston on Wednesday, 10-2 and 11-3.
Brent Forck was the winning pitcher for Scott County (4-6) in the opener. Eric Urhahn had three hits, while Chance Tenkhoff and Dustin Gebheardt both delivered two RBIs.
Tenkhoff notched the second-game victory and had three RBIs. Zane Eggimann had two hits and two RBIs. He also scored three times.
-- From staff reports