- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Paid election letter: Emerson votes like a Democrat
So many people have told me that they are not all that pleased with Jo Ann Emerson's voting record, but they don't want to run the risk of having a Democrat represent our district. Did they notice that Jo Ann voted with the Democrats twice the last week of May?
I would like for them to consider these following facts: Bob Parker, with little money or name recognition, got 34 percent of the vote in the last primary with Jo Ann. Democrat Tommy Sowers, after spending over a million dollars, got 29 percent of the vote in the 2010 general election with Jo Ann. That tells me, at this point in time, this district will not elect a Democrat. A competent Republican like Bob Parker will win. Our representative does not have to be Jo Ann.
Jo Ann votes like a Democrat and is much more Washingtonian than Missourian. We, in this district, need to show some courage. Please vote for pro-life, conservative Republican Bob Parker on Aug. 7.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701