- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Paid election letter: Emerson votes like a Democrat
So many people have told me that they are not all that pleased with Jo Ann Emerson's voting record, but they don't want to run the risk of having a Democrat represent our district. Did they notice that Jo Ann voted with the Democrats twice the last week of May?
I would like for them to consider these following facts: Bob Parker, with little money or name recognition, got 34 percent of the vote in the last primary with Jo Ann. Democrat Tommy Sowers, after spending over a million dollars, got 29 percent of the vote in the 2010 general election with Jo Ann. That tells me, at this point in time, this district will not elect a Democrat. A competent Republican like Bob Parker will win. Our representative does not have to be Jo Ann.
Jo Ann votes like a Democrat and is much more Washingtonian than Missourian. We, in this district, need to show some courage. Please vote for pro-life, conservative Republican Bob Parker on Aug. 7.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701