- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Paid election letter: Emerson votes like a Democrat
So many people have told me that they are not all that pleased with Jo Ann Emerson's voting record, but they don't want to run the risk of having a Democrat represent our district. Did they notice that Jo Ann voted with the Democrats twice the last week of May?
I would like for them to consider these following facts: Bob Parker, with little money or name recognition, got 34 percent of the vote in the last primary with Jo Ann. Democrat Tommy Sowers, after spending over a million dollars, got 29 percent of the vote in the 2010 general election with Jo Ann. That tells me, at this point in time, this district will not elect a Democrat. A competent Republican like Bob Parker will win. Our representative does not have to be Jo Ann.
Jo Ann votes like a Democrat and is much more Washingtonian than Missourian. We, in this district, need to show some courage. Please vote for pro-life, conservative Republican Bob Parker on Aug. 7.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701