- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Paid election letter: Emerson votes like a Democrat
So many people have told me that they are not all that pleased with Jo Ann Emerson's voting record, but they don't want to run the risk of having a Democrat represent our district. Did they notice that Jo Ann voted with the Democrats twice the last week of May?
I would like for them to consider these following facts: Bob Parker, with little money or name recognition, got 34 percent of the vote in the last primary with Jo Ann. Democrat Tommy Sowers, after spending over a million dollars, got 29 percent of the vote in the 2010 general election with Jo Ann. That tells me, at this point in time, this district will not elect a Democrat. A competent Republican like Bob Parker will win. Our representative does not have to be Jo Ann.
Jo Ann votes like a Democrat and is much more Washingtonian than Missourian. We, in this district, need to show some courage. Please vote for pro-life, conservative Republican Bob Parker on Aug. 7.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701