- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Kudos to Cape police
As a recent graduate of the Cape Girardeau Police Department Citizens Police Academy, I want to thank chief Carl Kinnison and his team of professional police officers for the job well done. Each presentation was clear and informative and demonstrated the pride each officer takes in his job, his department and the city.
Residents of Cape Girardeau can rest assured that this department is operating with modern equipment and techniques and at a high level of efficiency with limited staff and budget.
I would encourage anyone to go through the Citizens Police Academy when it becomes available, for it will give you new respect for these brave men and women who protect our lives and property. They deserve the same thanks and respect we give our military veterans.
WILLIAM A. WHITLOCK, Cape Girardeau