- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Kudos to Cape police
As a recent graduate of the Cape Girardeau Police Department Citizens Police Academy, I want to thank chief Carl Kinnison and his team of professional police officers for the job well done. Each presentation was clear and informative and demonstrated the pride each officer takes in his job, his department and the city.
Residents of Cape Girardeau can rest assured that this department is operating with modern equipment and techniques and at a high level of efficiency with limited staff and budget.
I would encourage anyone to go through the Citizens Police Academy when it becomes available, for it will give you new respect for these brave men and women who protect our lives and property. They deserve the same thanks and respect we give our military veterans.
WILLIAM A. WHITLOCK, Cape Girardeau