- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BENTON, Mo. -- James Allen Lemmink, 42, of Benton died Saturday, June 9, 2012, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born Nov. 24, 1969, in Rockford, Ill., to James Robert and Virginia May Carr Lemmink. He married Doris Hughes on April 17, 1999, in Scott City.
James was a mechanic at Midwest Chassis and owner of Auto Works. He was a member of NBC Fire and Rescue 17 years.
He is survived by two sons, Galen Lemmink and Dakota Harper of Benton; a sister, Nancy Taylor of Benton; a nephew, John Robey of Rockford; a niece, Jamie Casey of Benton; and several great-nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and an infant brother, James Robert Lemmink Jr.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. until time of service Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Morse officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.