- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Weekend burglaries reported near Bent Creek Golf Course
Several Bent Creek Golf Course-area homeowners were victims of thefts Saturday night, Jackson police said.
Vehicles and garages were burgled at seven addresses near the golf course sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning, said police spokesman Lt. Rodney Barnes.
Thefts were reported in the 1200, 1300 and 1400 blocks of Wedgewood Drive, the 1500, 1600 and 2100 blocks of Watson Drive and the 2200 block of Saint Andrews Court, police said.
"These thefts are certainly related," Barnes said. "These are happening at night. We would like to make an arrest in this case."
Barnes said homeowners can protect their property by locking cars and making certain garage doors and windows are locked. He said valuables should not be left in plain sight within vehicles.
1200 block of Wedgewood Drive, Jackson, Mo.
1300 block of Wedgewood Drive, Jackson, Mo.
1400 block of Wedgewood Drive, Jackson, Mo.
1500 block of Watson Drive, Jackson, Mo.
1600 block of Watson Drive, Jackson, Mo.
2100 block of Watson Drive, Jackson, Mo.
2200 block of Saint Andrews Court, Jackson, Mo.