- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
'4K' in Jackson for XC Anti Cancer Bike Ride
As part of the 4K for Cancer program, 30 college students will cycle across the country raising funds and awareness for the fight against young adult cancer. Starting from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, the riders will spend 70 days and 4000+ miles on the road, finishing in San Francisco, California. Every day on the ride, each rider's mission is to inspire and unite local community members affected by cancer.
The 4K for Cancer engages college students from across the nation to participate in a summer-long 4,000+ mile transcontinental bike ride. Through personal fundraising efforts and donations made along the route, riders raise money that directly supports the Ulman Cancer Fund For Young Adults Patient Navigation Programs. These programs offer comprehensive health services to young adult cancer patients, working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary medical care teams, social work staff, and other care providers.
"The 4K for Cancer is a testament to what can be accomplished when a passionate and dedicated group of young adults commit to something bigger than themselves. Through this program, we are able to unite communities across the country and raise funds necessary to support young adults here in Baltimore. 4K is a life changing experience - both for the riders and the cancer patients it will benefit."
President & CEO, Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
4K for Cancer riders seek to raise awareness, provide monetary assistance and perform service for communities affected by cancer across the nation. Each rider must raise a minimum of $4,500 to participate on the ride, the money is raised to support the various direct patient services offered by the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults. Since its inception in 2001, the 4K for Cancer has raised over $1 million for the fight against cancer.
4K for Cancer will be accepting online donations at 4kforcancer.org/profiles/general-fund/. For more information or to follow the riders, please visit http://4kforcancer.org/2012-team-san-francisco/ or on twitter: @4KforCancer.