- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 6/11/12
Gorman scores hole-in-one
Jackson's Pat Gorman used a 7-iron to score an ace on hole No. 4 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 142 yards.
Joe McLemore, Van Riehl and Dave Diveley witnessed the shot.
It was Gorman's fifth career hole-in-one.
Lape, Gosa team for win
The team of Deke Lape and Justin Gosa won the St. Andrews flight at Dalhousie Golf Club's member-guest match-play tournament.
Lape and Gosa were the overall shootout winners.
John Fuchs scored a hole-in-one on hole No. 13 to win the closest to the pin contest on the hole.
St. Andrews -- Deke Lape, Justin Gosa
Walker Cup -- Jim Goad, Steve Tricarico
Canoustie -- Ray Laidet, Ralph Crancer
Preswick -- Ryan Denney, Chris Hannis
Muirfield -- Tom Viers, Curt Buchheit
Turnberry -- Jack Baumstark Sr., Tim DeGrand
Royal Troon -- Brandon DeWitt, John Fuchs
Royal Birksdale -- Dean Short, Ron Watkins
North Berwick -- Jeff DeWitt, Terry Brown
Waller, Bohn teams tie for first
The team of Karen Waller and Sissy Donahue and the team of Shelly Bohn and Patti Garrison both shot 64s to tie for first place in the Kimbeland Country Club's Wednesday night league.
The team of Sharon McCune and Dorthy Holland carded a 67 for third place.
-- From staff reports