- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Janet Lee Chatman, 67, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 9, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 30, 1944, in Ellington, Mo., to Dallas and Hazel Decker Smith Scott.
Janet enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and she loved playing Bingo.
Survivors include her mother, Hazel Smith of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Joey Chatman (Cheryl) of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and James Chatman of Denver; companion, Gene Strop of Cape Girardeau; brother-in-law, Al Salvatore of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Brenda Scott of Cape Girardeau and Sharon Mullen (Jim) of Waynesboro, Va.; two grandchildren, Jake Chatman and Heather Elsworth, both of Poplar Bluff; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father; a brother, Dewayne Scott; and a sister, Carolyn Macom.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.