- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lillian R. Werner, 87, of Perryville died Saturday, June 9, 2012, at Independence Care Center of Perry County in Perryville.
She was born July 16, 1924, in Frohna, Mo., daughter of Theodore H. and Doretha E. (Mueller) Kassel. She and Norman L. Werner were married May 6, 1945. He preceded her in death Aug. 7, 1980.
Mrs. Werner had been a homemaker. She was a member of Concordia Lutheran Church, LWML, Ladies Aid and Choir in Frohna, and a former member of Frohna Extension Club. She was an avid bowler, card player and cook.
Survivors include two sons, Norman "Bud" (Susan) Werner of Sikeston, Mo., and Terry Werner of Frohna; two daughters, Judy (Norton) Smith of Las Cruces, N.M., and Donna (Robert) Klaus of Frohna; a brother, Norbert Kassel of Broomfield, Colo.; 10 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers; a sister; a daughter-in-law, Mary Werner; and a great-grandson, Tate Werner.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Wednesday at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Rod Benkendorf officiating. Burial will take place in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Concordia Lutheran Church or School in Frohna or Lutherans for Life.
Young and Sons Funeral Home Inc., in Perryville, provided the arrangements.