- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ada Juanita Wendel, 87, of Jackson died Thursday, June 7, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 19, 1924, in Randles, to August John and Elizabeth Clementine "Lizzie" Menz Schlosser. She married Ray Wendel Sr. on Feb. 15, 1942, in Oran, Mo. He preceded her in death April 19, 1999.
Ada was employed at the hat factory in Oran.
Survivors include two sons, Mike (Andrea) Wendel and Ken Wendel of Jackson; a daughter, Donna Jo (Barry) Eggimann of Jackson; a brother, Joe (Patty) Schlosser of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Ray Jr., and a sister, Elizabeth "Lizzel" Slinkard.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.