- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Local People Establish Dental Clinic in Haiti
Thirteen people, including three dentists, from Cape traveled to Croix des Bouquets, Haiti to establish a dental clinic from May 23 to May 27. Croix des Bouquets is a small village, which is forty five minute drive from Port Au Prince.
The Cape Girardeau Zonta Club partners with the Haitian American Caucus to donate various items for their school and women's programs. Of the thirteen on the team, four women are members of the club: Cheryl Mothes, Dr. Kim Kesser, Jennifer Hendrickson, and Dr. Janet Ruopp. Dr Jan recruited her husband, Dr. Patrick Ruopp and associate dentist Dr. Nathan Seyer to provide care in the three day dental clinic.
The team delivered twenty-six suitcases filled with various dental supplies, baby clothes, birthing kits and other supplies for agencies in the area. This was the 4th Zonta team to travel to Haiti, and was the first trip made for the dental clinic. The clinic, set up in a school classroom, treated over 300 patients in three days. Some members of the team also visited and donated supplies to the Apparent Project, a program designed to economically support families enough to feed their children. Infant supplies were also delivered to the Mother Theresa hospital.
For more pictures visit our Facebook page!