- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
Salvation Army beginning fan campaign
The Salvation Army will host its first "Fill the Vans With Fans" collection from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Fred's Discount Store in Cape Girardeau. It will have a van at the store to fill with new and working used fans and will accept cash donations. On Saturday, fans will be available for purchase at Fred's for a discounted rate.
The fans collected will be distributed to those in need due to the heat during "Fans for Friends" campaign. The campaign begins June 18 and continues until the fans are gone.
Beginning Monday, fans and cash donations may also be dropped off at the Salvation Army at 701 Good Hope St. Donations will be accepted through June 15.