- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Corine M. Bohnert, 101, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 6, 2012, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born June 27, 1910, in Perry County, to Charles and Elizabeth Lappe Berkbuegler. She and Otto Bohnert were married April 20, 1931, at Brewer, Mo. He preceded her in death Jan. 28, 1972.
Mrs. Bohnert did housecleaning for people and was a child care provider. She was an avid quilter. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include a son, Elvis Bohnert of Perryville; 11 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren; six stepgrandchildren; and 10 great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Leo Bohnert; a daughter, Lunette Geringer; a brother; three sisters; and three grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8:30 p.m. today and 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be at 7:30 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Cemetery at Biehle, Mo.
Memorials may be made to St. Vincent de Paul Church or Masses.