- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lillian E. Pohlman, 86, of Oak Ridge died Monday, June 4, 2012, at Independence Care Center of Perry County in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Oct. 11, 1925, in Perry County, daughter of William and Esther Dede Aurich. She and Delmar F. Pohlman were married Jan. 6, 1946. He preceded her in death March 29, 2009.
Mrs. Pohlman was a farmer and avid gardener. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim, American Angus Association and served as a 4-H volunteer leader.
Loving survivors include three sons and four daughters, Leon (Nancy) Pohlman of Perryville, Eileen (Wesley) Fronabarger, Judy (Ed) Holmes, Linda Kramer, all of Jackson, Terry (Bonnie) Pohlman of Oak Ridge, Debbie (Craig) Bacon of Siloam Springs, Ark., Dr. Fred (Tami) Pohlman of Prairie Grove, Ark.; three brothers, Ed Aurich of Perryville, Melvin Aurich of Florissant, Mo., and Eugene Aurich of Perryville.
Also 13 grandchildren, Carolyn King, Cheryl Beckerman, Connie Hall, Wayne Pohlman, Tina Fronabarger, Michele Kramer, Amy Thomas, Ryan Pohlman, Cassie, Justin and Amanda Bacon, Will and Nick Pohlman; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a granddaughter, Barbara Havins; a brother, Norman Aurich; and a sister, Elizabeth Schmidt.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim, with the Rev. Roger Steinbrueck officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorial preference to Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim or Immanuel Lutheran Radio Broadcast.