- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
There are plenty of things outdoors to do this time of year, including several musical events. Here are a few worth checking out in the days and weeks ahead.
* In June, Jackson hosts Rock in the Rock Garden. The performances take place each Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Rock Garden of the Jackson City Park. Sons of the Middle Class is scheduled to perform this week.
* Cape Girardeau also holds an outdoor concert on Friday nights with Old Town Cape's Tunes at Twilight. This week's featured performer is Kevin Gordon, and the concert starts at 7 p.m.
* The Jackson Municipal Band, now in its 93rd year, performs at the city band shell on Thursday nights. Tonight's performance will also feature the Southeast Missouri State University Steel Drum Band. The concert starts 7 p.m. The municipal band will follow at 8 p.m.
* This is the 85th season for the Cape Girardeau Municipal Band, which plays on Wednesday nights at the Capaha Park band shell. Next Wednesday the theme will be "Missouri Composers." The weekly concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy some fun open air performances. For more information about these concerts and other local events, check out www.semoevents.com.