- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
There are plenty of things outdoors to do this time of year, including several musical events. Here are a few worth checking out in the days and weeks ahead.
* In June, Jackson hosts Rock in the Rock Garden. The performances take place each Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Rock Garden of the Jackson City Park. Sons of the Middle Class is scheduled to perform this week.
* Cape Girardeau also holds an outdoor concert on Friday nights with Old Town Cape's Tunes at Twilight. This week's featured performer is Kevin Gordon, and the concert starts at 7 p.m.
* The Jackson Municipal Band, now in its 93rd year, performs at the city band shell on Thursday nights. Tonight's performance will also feature the Southeast Missouri State University Steel Drum Band. The concert starts 7 p.m. The municipal band will follow at 8 p.m.
* This is the 85th season for the Cape Girardeau Municipal Band, which plays on Wednesday nights at the Capaha Park band shell. Next Wednesday the theme will be "Missouri Composers." The weekly concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy some fun open air performances. For more information about these concerts and other local events, check out www.semoevents.com.