- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
There are plenty of things outdoors to do this time of year, including several musical events. Here are a few worth checking out in the days and weeks ahead.
* In June, Jackson hosts Rock in the Rock Garden. The performances take place each Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Rock Garden of the Jackson City Park. Sons of the Middle Class is scheduled to perform this week.
* Cape Girardeau also holds an outdoor concert on Friday nights with Old Town Cape's Tunes at Twilight. This week's featured performer is Kevin Gordon, and the concert starts at 7 p.m.
* The Jackson Municipal Band, now in its 93rd year, performs at the city band shell on Thursday nights. Tonight's performance will also feature the Southeast Missouri State University Steel Drum Band. The concert starts 7 p.m. The municipal band will follow at 8 p.m.
* This is the 85th season for the Cape Girardeau Municipal Band, which plays on Wednesday nights at the Capaha Park band shell. Next Wednesday the theme will be "Missouri Composers." The weekly concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy some fun open air performances. For more information about these concerts and other local events, check out www.semoevents.com.