- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Candidate questionnaire: Tammy Sladek
NAME: Tammy Sladek
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Jackson, Missouri (and have been a lifetime resident of Cape Girardeau County)
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Tom Sladek - spouse of 28 years
Michael and Jessica Sladek - son and daughter in law
Bryan Sladek - son
Emily Sladek - daughter
Adrienne Sladek - daughter
Adriana Sladek, Keegan Sladek and Rylan Sladek-Barlow - grandchildren
Deputy, Cape Girardeau County Public Administrator
1982 graduate Jackson Senior High School
1982 graduate CNA program Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center
Attended Lutheran Medical Center School of Nursing
EMPLOYER: Cape Girardeau County
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: none
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
2012 - Cape Girardeau County Public Administrator
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
I have been employed and served as the court appointed Deputy Public Administrator for Cape Girardeau County since January 2003. Over the past nine plus years, I have become knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the duties and responsibilities of the Public Administrator. No other candidate possesses these same qualifications.
WHY ARE YOU SEEKING THIS SEAT IN SUCH A CROWDED FIELD?
Upon the retirement announcement of the current Public Administrator, I made the decision to seek this office in order to provide a smooth transition for the wards, the agencies involved and the County. I believe that my experience over the past nine years makes me stand out as the most qualified candidate in this highly sought after elected position.
The experience and knowledge I have acquired over my years of service as Deputy Public Administrator as well as personal life situations have prepared me to serve as Public Administrator for Cape Girardeau County. I am the right person to help the friends and relatives of Cape Girardeau County should the need for the services of the Public Administrator become necessary for a loved one.