- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Speak Out 6/5/12
If you think President Obama is a bad president, thank your lucky stars that Mrs. Hillary Clinton didn't get in there because they'd be teaching the kids about gay marriage in the schools now.
Clean the parks
When is the Cape Girardeau Police Department going to start cleaning our parks up around here? I am trying to take my kids to swing and you've got some dude pulling out a marijuana cigarette right in front of them. We need to get rid of this trash around here. Start cleaning up the trash around the parks so the kids can play around here.
Sen. John McCain has defined President Obama's foreign policy as feckless, meaning weak. Most Americans give President Obama well-deserved high marks and are thankful because a President McCain would have embarked upon a crusade to reconstruct the entire world in a representative democracy satisfactory to him. The unintended consequences of McCain's crusade would have already caused the U.S. to collapse.
Beware, people of Cape Girardeau. There are groups of teenagers walking around casing out homes to find people not home so they can break in. Read the police report. Cape has a huge problem with juveniles breaking into homes. If you see anything suspicious at all, please call the police.
For the Democrat who doesn't like being called "deranged" by Limbaugh, you obviously are not very well read. Republicans and conservatives are being called much worse by liberal commentators and politicians. Trust me, I'm like Switzerland -- neutral as can be -- but I'm shocked at all the self-righteous indignation on the part of Democrats when they are, in fact, doing the same thing and worse.
When it comes to conducting the affairs of our nation's government, David Limbaugh recently deemed a long deceased member of the British nobility much smarter than some of the commoners who serve in America's government. To me, Limbaugh's snide comments smacked of a preference for monarchism over representative democracy and were very insulting to the American people.
Speaking about Limbaugh bust security. I think it is a crying shame. I think people are just plain jealous of him. He might not be perfect, but he is one of us. I just think it is terrible.
Honor vs. greed
It is hard to believe here in America we have this happening. Young men and women are signing up for more deployments to keep others from having to go and end up giving their lives in doing so. Yet here in America we have the greedy. They keep taking their tax breaks and wanting more, giving less. I can't believe we have such selfish people here in America who claim to be Americans.
Referring to the medical costs and how they've risen: I had two tests done: an MRI and I don't remember the name of the other one, but the total was $6,000 and it took about a half an hour.
Under President Obama, federal spending has risen at a slower rate than in the last 60 years.
Church open house
I really hope that the Hanover Lutheran folks will have another open house and tour. I am sorry I didn't read my paper last Sunday early enough, and I hope that they will do that again.