- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Paid election letter: Parker is the true conservative
Well, Jo Ann Emerson did it again.
She was the only Missouri Republican to vote to keep the union monopoly on military contracts. It's our money and I would like to have contracts done by the lowest competent bidder -- union or not. Jo Ann also co-sponsored the bill that will bail out bankrupt union pensions. I don't care what kind of benefits a union negotiates, just don't make me pay for them.
Jo Ann, of course, has voted for most of the bailouts. She is a big spending, big government, fully entrenched Washingtonian. After 16 years we are due a change. Other states are ousting the people who got us in this debt and deficit problem and electing fresh, conservative, small-government candidates.
We have a candidate running against Emerson. His name is Bob Parker. He is a true conservative. I urge everybody in this district to do some soul searching. It is time to fix our fiscal house in Washington, D.C., and Jo Ann is not the one to do it. Please consider voting for Bob Parker, the true conservative. To find out more about him, go to www.electbobparker.com.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701