- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Paid election letter: Parker is the true conservative
Well, Jo Ann Emerson did it again.
She was the only Missouri Republican to vote to keep the union monopoly on military contracts. It's our money and I would like to have contracts done by the lowest competent bidder -- union or not. Jo Ann also co-sponsored the bill that will bail out bankrupt union pensions. I don't care what kind of benefits a union negotiates, just don't make me pay for them.
Jo Ann, of course, has voted for most of the bailouts. She is a big spending, big government, fully entrenched Washingtonian. After 16 years we are due a change. Other states are ousting the people who got us in this debt and deficit problem and electing fresh, conservative, small-government candidates.
We have a candidate running against Emerson. His name is Bob Parker. He is a true conservative. I urge everybody in this district to do some soul searching. It is time to fix our fiscal house in Washington, D.C., and Jo Ann is not the one to do it. Please consider voting for Bob Parker, the true conservative. To find out more about him, go to www.electbobparker.com.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701