- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Paid election letter: Parker is the true conservative
Well, Jo Ann Emerson did it again.
She was the only Missouri Republican to vote to keep the union monopoly on military contracts. It's our money and I would like to have contracts done by the lowest competent bidder -- union or not. Jo Ann also co-sponsored the bill that will bail out bankrupt union pensions. I don't care what kind of benefits a union negotiates, just don't make me pay for them.
Jo Ann, of course, has voted for most of the bailouts. She is a big spending, big government, fully entrenched Washingtonian. After 16 years we are due a change. Other states are ousting the people who got us in this debt and deficit problem and electing fresh, conservative, small-government candidates.
We have a candidate running against Emerson. His name is Bob Parker. He is a true conservative. I urge everybody in this district to do some soul searching. It is time to fix our fiscal house in Washington, D.C., and Jo Ann is not the one to do it. Please consider voting for Bob Parker, the true conservative. To find out more about him, go to www.electbobparker.com.
LINDA REUTZEL, 3011 Minutemen Way, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701