- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Reading for Rescues Pet Food Drive
Scott City, MO 06/3/2012 -- Local author, Catherine Stovall, Images Vinyl Lettering and Graphics, Busch Pet Products, JDS Mechanical, Bob's Food Liner, and many other local businesses will host Reading for Rescues pet food and supply drive on June 23rd. The drive will be held from 9 am to 3 pm at Scott City, MO Plaza. All donations will help provide Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary, a no kill shelter in Jackson, MO, with supplies needed to help care for homeless pets until adopted by a loving family.
Mrs. Stovall will sign copies of her debut novel Stolen: The Requiem of Humanity Series: Book One, volunteers from Safe Harbor will have pets currently available for adoption present, there will be fun activities for the kids, and a drawing to win prizes.
"I feel it's important to give back to the community and I believe strongly in helping organizations such as Safe Harbor," says Mrs. Stovall. "These wonderful volunteers provide an important service to both the people and pets in this area. We have an excellent opportunity to help give these animals a second chance."
Purina Cat Food (Regular and Indoor)
Purina Dog Food
Purina Puppy Food
Purina Kitten Food
Canned Cat food (any brand)
Metal buckets (5 gallon)
Cat Toys & Dog Toys
Straw for Dog Kennels
Mops & Buckets
About Safe Harbor
Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary is a no-kill, free-roam animal sanctuary whose goal is to provide a safe refuge and find loving lifelong owners for homeless cats and dogs in Cape Girardeau County and the neighboring area. With the help of local veterinarians, all animals of the appropriate age who come into Safe Harbor's care are spayed or neutered, and are given basic inoculations.
About Catherine Stovall
Catherine Stovall is a new and upcoming author of fantasy fiction. Her novel, Stolen, is the first in the Requiem of Humanity series released earlier this year in both eBook from Untreed Reads and in print. Catherine received her Associates of Science from Colorado Technical University. After working in the Criminal Justice field for several years, she has decided to dedicate her life to her true passion, creating captivating works of fiction. She lives in Southeast Missouri with her husband, three children, and pets.