- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Kimberly Ann "Kim" Shepherd Kaufman, 56, of Villa Ridge, formerly of Mounds, Ill., passed away at 10:25 a.m. Saturday, June 2, 2012, at her residence following a brave battle with breast cancer.
Kim was born Oct. 24, 1955, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Jack and Ella Nora Newell Shepherd.
Kim was a member and church pianist for the Christian Community Ministry Church in Villa Ridge and the First United Methodist Church in Mounds; and was a 1973 graduate from Meridian High School, Mounds, where she played the piano for the graduation marches all four years of her high school career. Kim was a secretary for the Pulaski County Probation Office in Mound City, Ill.
Kim was preceded in death by her father, Jack Shepherd.
Survivors include her husband, Mike L. Kaufman of Villa Ridge; her mother, Ella Nora Shepherd of Mounds; two sisters, Susan Stern and Ronna (Brian) Moyers, both of Mounds; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, the Rev. Ralph and Sandy Kaufman of Villa Ridge; brother-in-law and wife, Brad and Kristin and family, Zander, Cole and Nolan Kaufman of Mounds; a niece, Erin Gould; a nephew, Justin Stern; and other relatives and many friends.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the First United Methodist Church in Mounds.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. Ralph Kaufman, the Rev. Buddy Walls and the Rev. Mike Shearer officiating. Interment will follow in the Spencer Heights Cemetery in Mounds.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to the National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc., 2600 Network Blvd., Suite 300, Frisco, TX 75034, in memory of Kim A. Kaufman.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of the arrangements.