- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jessie Marie "Sally" Holmes Miller, 68, of Pineville, La., died Friday, April 13, 2012, at her home.
She was born in 1943 in Fornfelt, daughter of Jesse A. and Clara Marie Hill Holmes. She was a 1961 graduate of Illmo-Scott City High School.
Her father was a longtime educator, principal and superintendent in the Illmo-Scott City School District. Her mother was a 1941 graduate of Fornfelt High School.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Junious Miller; and her parents.
She is survived by seven stepsons, Jimmy, Paul, Richard, John, Joe, Robert and Timothy; and nine stepgrandchildren.
The service was April 16 at The Pentecostals of Alexandria, La. The Revs. Russell Cobb and Terry Shock officiated. Interment was in Greenwood Cemetery in Pineville.
Magnolia Funeral Home in Alexandria was in charge of arrangements.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.