- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jerry Lynn VanDover, 78, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Poplar Bluff, Mo., passed away Wednesday, May 30, 2012, at Landmark Hospital. He had been hospitalized several weeks with acute respiratory disease.
He was born Oct. 29, 1933, in Poplar Bluff, to Al and Nell Sliger VanDover.
He graduated from Poplar Bluff High School in 1952, served in the U.S. Air Force, and attended Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. He was a longtime resident of Cape Girardeau, where he worked at Spartech Plastics.
Jerry is survived by a sister, Carol VanDover Kramer and brother-in-law Ben of Chino, Calif.; three nephews, Ben Jr., Ty, Paul; and seven great-nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held at a later date at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Friends and loved ones who wish to contact the family may write to the Kramer Family, 11912 Pipeline Ave., Chino, CA 91710, or email email@example.com.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.