- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Thanks to local police
Dear Cape Girardeau Police Department,
A note to say thanks for all of your devotion and attention to the Citizens Police Academy 2012.
All of our questions were answered, and I learned so much regarding the inner workings of the Cape Girardeau Police Department and the city of Cape Girardeau.
I respect and care for all of you and only regret that everyone in the city could not be involved in this special learning experience.
I cannot neglect to say a special thank you to patrolman Cody Farrow for the exciting ride-along.
Thank you, chief Carl Kinnison, Cpl. Ike Hammonds, patrolman Darin Hickey, Sgt. Jason Selzer, assistant city attorney Gregg Young, Detective Jeff Bohnert, patrol commander John Davis, Sgt. Kevin Orr, patrolman Ty Metzger, Lt. Barry Hovis, Cpl. Jeff Bonham, patrolman Luther Bonds, Cheryl Stoffregen, patrolman Roy Rahn, Sgt. Smith and Mayor Harry Rediger.
JOICE ANN WHITBY, Cape Girardeau