- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Thanks to local police
Dear Cape Girardeau Police Department,
A note to say thanks for all of your devotion and attention to the Citizens Police Academy 2012.
All of our questions were answered, and I learned so much regarding the inner workings of the Cape Girardeau Police Department and the city of Cape Girardeau.
I respect and care for all of you and only regret that everyone in the city could not be involved in this special learning experience.
I cannot neglect to say a special thank you to patrolman Cody Farrow for the exciting ride-along.
Thank you, chief Carl Kinnison, Cpl. Ike Hammonds, patrolman Darin Hickey, Sgt. Jason Selzer, assistant city attorney Gregg Young, Detective Jeff Bohnert, patrol commander John Davis, Sgt. Kevin Orr, patrolman Ty Metzger, Lt. Barry Hovis, Cpl. Jeff Bonham, patrolman Luther Bonds, Cheryl Stoffregen, patrolman Roy Rahn, Sgt. Smith and Mayor Harry Rediger.
JOICE ANN WHITBY, Cape Girardeau