- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Thanks to local police
Dear Cape Girardeau Police Department,
A note to say thanks for all of your devotion and attention to the Citizens Police Academy 2012.
All of our questions were answered, and I learned so much regarding the inner workings of the Cape Girardeau Police Department and the city of Cape Girardeau.
I respect and care for all of you and only regret that everyone in the city could not be involved in this special learning experience.
I cannot neglect to say a special thank you to patrolman Cody Farrow for the exciting ride-along.
Thank you, chief Carl Kinnison, Cpl. Ike Hammonds, patrolman Darin Hickey, Sgt. Jason Selzer, assistant city attorney Gregg Young, Detective Jeff Bohnert, patrol commander John Davis, Sgt. Kevin Orr, patrolman Ty Metzger, Lt. Barry Hovis, Cpl. Jeff Bonham, patrolman Luther Bonds, Cheryl Stoffregen, patrolman Roy Rahn, Sgt. Smith and Mayor Harry Rediger.
JOICE ANN WHITBY, Cape Girardeau