- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Thanks to local police
Dear Cape Girardeau Police Department,
A note to say thanks for all of your devotion and attention to the Citizens Police Academy 2012.
All of our questions were answered, and I learned so much regarding the inner workings of the Cape Girardeau Police Department and the city of Cape Girardeau.
I respect and care for all of you and only regret that everyone in the city could not be involved in this special learning experience.
I cannot neglect to say a special thank you to patrolman Cody Farrow for the exciting ride-along.
Thank you, chief Carl Kinnison, Cpl. Ike Hammonds, patrolman Darin Hickey, Sgt. Jason Selzer, assistant city attorney Gregg Young, Detective Jeff Bohnert, patrol commander John Davis, Sgt. Kevin Orr, patrolman Ty Metzger, Lt. Barry Hovis, Cpl. Jeff Bonham, patrolman Luther Bonds, Cheryl Stoffregen, patrolman Roy Rahn, Sgt. Smith and Mayor Harry Rediger.
JOICE ANN WHITBY, Cape Girardeau