- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Crowell endorses Steelman for U.S. Senate
Sen. Jason Crowell has thrown his support behind Republican Sarah Steelman as the GOP nominee to take on Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill in November's general election.
The Cape Girardeau Republican picked Steelman over other Republican candidates U.S. Rep. Todd Akin and businessman John Brunner. Steelman is a former state treasurer and state senator.
"Sarah is exactly the leader Missouri needs in the United States Senate," Crowell said in a news release. "The Obama-McCaskill agenda has produced nothing but job-killing regulations and unsustainable debt that will burden our nation for generations to come. I trust Sarah to balance the budget and help restore fiscal sanity to Washington, D.C."
In the release, Steelman called Crowell a conservative leader who has "truly walked the talk," noting that she is proud to have the endorsement of someone who has proved he is never afraid to take up the fight on behalf of the taxpayer against special interests, liberals and those within his own party who don't hold true to conservative principles.