- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)42
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Good Samaritan: Employees at Red Lobster
Red Lobster to the Rescue!
On Saturday, May 26, I had a nice dinner with my parents and sisters at our local Red Lobster in Cape Girardeau. I was babysitting my 3 month old grandson, Seth. When leaving, I inadvertently locked Seth in my car. It was very hot outside.
My sister, Theresa ran back inside the restaraunt and notified them of our emergent situation. Suddenly a team of 10 or more employees came running from building. An employee broke out the window with a hammer to save my grandson's life.
After the crisis was over, the employees cleaned up all the glass. One of the managers himself brought out their vacuum cleaner and cleaned up the majority of the glass from my car.
The employees of Red Lobster certainly went above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I suppose they must "sea people differently", too.