- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Good Samaritan: Employees at Red Lobster
Red Lobster to the Rescue!
On Saturday, May 26, I had a nice dinner with my parents and sisters at our local Red Lobster in Cape Girardeau. I was babysitting my 3 month old grandson, Seth. When leaving, I inadvertently locked Seth in my car. It was very hot outside.
My sister, Theresa ran back inside the restaraunt and notified them of our emergent situation. Suddenly a team of 10 or more employees came running from building. An employee broke out the window with a hammer to save my grandson's life.
After the crisis was over, the employees cleaned up all the glass. One of the managers himself brought out their vacuum cleaner and cleaned up the majority of the glass from my car.
The employees of Red Lobster certainly went above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I suppose they must "sea people differently", too.