- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Good Samaritan: Employees at Red Lobster
Red Lobster to the Rescue!
On Saturday, May 26, I had a nice dinner with my parents and sisters at our local Red Lobster in Cape Girardeau. I was babysitting my 3 month old grandson, Seth. When leaving, I inadvertently locked Seth in my car. It was very hot outside.
My sister, Theresa ran back inside the restaraunt and notified them of our emergent situation. Suddenly a team of 10 or more employees came running from building. An employee broke out the window with a hammer to save my grandson's life.
After the crisis was over, the employees cleaned up all the glass. One of the managers himself brought out their vacuum cleaner and cleaned up the majority of the glass from my car.
The employees of Red Lobster certainly went above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I suppose they must "sea people differently", too.