- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Good Samaritan: Employees at Red Lobster
Red Lobster to the Rescue!
On Saturday, May 26, I had a nice dinner with my parents and sisters at our local Red Lobster in Cape Girardeau. I was babysitting my 3 month old grandson, Seth. When leaving, I inadvertently locked Seth in my car. It was very hot outside.
My sister, Theresa ran back inside the restaraunt and notified them of our emergent situation. Suddenly a team of 10 or more employees came running from building. An employee broke out the window with a hammer to save my grandson's life.
After the crisis was over, the employees cleaned up all the glass. One of the managers himself brought out their vacuum cleaner and cleaned up the majority of the glass from my car.
The employees of Red Lobster certainly went above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I suppose they must "sea people differently", too.