- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Wanda Marie Break, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 26, 2012, at the Lutheran Home.
Break was born Feb. 2, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Louis A. and Radie E. Stacey O'Howell.
She graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School.
Wanda and Robert Clarence Break were married June 5, 1947, at Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 11, 1995.
Wanda was the church secretary at Red Star Baptist Church for nine years and later secretary for Jerry Lipps Trucking for 20 years, retiring in 1995.
She was an active member of Red Star Baptist Church and a volunteer at Southeast Hospital.
Survivors include daughter Judy Douglass of Cape Girardeau; son Steven Break of Cape Girardeau; grandchild Tonya Wybert of Jackson; great-grandchildren Jordan and Madison Wybert; and sister Dorothy Howell of Quinlan, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Red Star Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.