- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Elode B. Siebert, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 26, 2012, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
Siebert was born June 15, 1923, in Crump, to Bert and Ethel McCullough Brown. She and William A. Siebert were married Dec. 29, 1944, at Tilsit. He preceded her in death Oct. 3. 2009.
Elode was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
She worked in the office at International Shoe Co. and later at First National Bank and Centerre Bank, retiring in 1985 as assistant cashier.
Survivors include a son, Roger (Denah) Siebert of Millersville; a daughter, Brenda Siebert of Oak Harbor, Wash.; and grandchildren, Deah, Jeff, Claire, Michael and Colby.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Entombment will be at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran School, 55 N. Pacific St., in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.