- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Bilderback Art Plaza Hosts Ste. Gen Art Guild
The Ste. Genevieve Art Guild will be featured at the prestigious Bilderback Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau beginning June 1, with the opening of a show titled "The Best of Ste. Genevieve."
Some two-dozen artists are expected to participate. A "meet the artists" reception will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on that date, in conjunction with Cape's First Friday art event.
"We are very pleased to be invited to show at Bilderback," Guild President James Wooldridge said. "It's an excellent, well-regarded gallery and that makes it an exciting thing for all of us."
Bilderback Art Plaza is located at 5 N. Main.
Guild artists Juanita Wyman, Iris Vincent and Jean Rissover also will have work in a show opening June 1 at the Visual Arts Cooperative gallery at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri location on N. Main. Rissover's work will be showcased with a gallery window display. That gallery also will host a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. public reception on June 1.
For more information about the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild vist www.artstegen.org.