- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Bilderback Art Plaza Hosts Ste. Gen Art Guild
The Ste. Genevieve Art Guild will be featured at the prestigious Bilderback Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau beginning June 1, with the opening of a show titled "The Best of Ste. Genevieve."
Some two-dozen artists are expected to participate. A "meet the artists" reception will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on that date, in conjunction with Cape's First Friday art event.
"We are very pleased to be invited to show at Bilderback," Guild President James Wooldridge said. "It's an excellent, well-regarded gallery and that makes it an exciting thing for all of us."
Bilderback Art Plaza is located at 5 N. Main.
Guild artists Juanita Wyman, Iris Vincent and Jean Rissover also will have work in a show opening June 1 at the Visual Arts Cooperative gallery at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri location on N. Main. Rissover's work will be showcased with a gallery window display. That gallery also will host a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. public reception on June 1.
For more information about the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild vist www.artstegen.org.