- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Bilderback Art Plaza Hosts Ste. Gen Art Guild
The Ste. Genevieve Art Guild will be featured at the prestigious Bilderback Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau beginning June 1, with the opening of a show titled "The Best of Ste. Genevieve."
Some two-dozen artists are expected to participate. A "meet the artists" reception will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on that date, in conjunction with Cape's First Friday art event.
"We are very pleased to be invited to show at Bilderback," Guild President James Wooldridge said. "It's an excellent, well-regarded gallery and that makes it an exciting thing for all of us."
Bilderback Art Plaza is located at 5 N. Main.
Guild artists Juanita Wyman, Iris Vincent and Jean Rissover also will have work in a show opening June 1 at the Visual Arts Cooperative gallery at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri location on N. Main. Rissover's work will be showcased with a gallery window display. That gallery also will host a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. public reception on June 1.
For more information about the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild vist www.artstegen.org.