- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Bilderback Art Plaza Hosts Ste. Gen Art Guild
The Ste. Genevieve Art Guild will be featured at the prestigious Bilderback Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau beginning June 1, with the opening of a show titled "The Best of Ste. Genevieve."
Some two-dozen artists are expected to participate. A "meet the artists" reception will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on that date, in conjunction with Cape's First Friday art event.
"We are very pleased to be invited to show at Bilderback," Guild President James Wooldridge said. "It's an excellent, well-regarded gallery and that makes it an exciting thing for all of us."
Bilderback Art Plaza is located at 5 N. Main.
Guild artists Juanita Wyman, Iris Vincent and Jean Rissover also will have work in a show opening June 1 at the Visual Arts Cooperative gallery at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri location on N. Main. Rissover's work will be showcased with a gallery window display. That gallery also will host a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. public reception on June 1.
For more information about the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild vist www.artstegen.org.