- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Bilderback Art Plaza Hosts Ste. Gen Art Guild
The Ste. Genevieve Art Guild will be featured at the prestigious Bilderback Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau beginning June 1, with the opening of a show titled "The Best of Ste. Genevieve."
Some two-dozen artists are expected to participate. A "meet the artists" reception will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on that date, in conjunction with Cape's First Friday art event.
"We are very pleased to be invited to show at Bilderback," Guild President James Wooldridge said. "It's an excellent, well-regarded gallery and that makes it an exciting thing for all of us."
Bilderback Art Plaza is located at 5 N. Main.
Guild artists Juanita Wyman, Iris Vincent and Jean Rissover also will have work in a show opening June 1 at the Visual Arts Cooperative gallery at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri location on N. Main. Rissover's work will be showcased with a gallery window display. That gallery also will host a 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. public reception on June 1.
For more information about the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild vist www.artstegen.org.