- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)2
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)8
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Sports Camps and Sports Conditioning -Register Now
Sports camps and conditioning are available for ages 8 through 18 this summer with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
$30 Resident, $35 Non-resident
Sports Camp provides children the opportunity to play a different sport each day. Sports include basketball, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball and kickball. Children will learn basic skills and rules of each sport, and end each day with a fun 'game.'
Session 1: June 4-7
Registration Deadline: May 31
Session 2: June 18-21
Registration Deadline: June 14
Session 1: June 11-14
Registration Deadline: June 7
Session 2: June 25-28
Registration Deadline: June 21
All Sports Camp sessions meet Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Arena Park Shelter 1.
Ages 8-12: $65 Resident, $70 Non-Resident
Ages 13-18: $85 Resident, $90 Non-Resident
Prepare for your upcoming sports session with aerobic conditioning, plyometric and agility training, and stretching activities. Participants will use all different types of cardiovascular equipment and learn different aerobic training techniques from running to swimming. Participants will also learn the effectiveness of stretching through proper technique.
June 5-July 28
Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: June 1
Participants will work with a trainer to become faster and stronger for the upcoming sports season. Sessions will include proper stretching, aerobic training, strength training, plyometric and agility training, and one training session in the pool.
June 4-July 13 (no class on July 4)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 a.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: May 30