- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Sports Camps and Sports Conditioning -Register Now
Sports camps and conditioning are available for ages 8 through 18 this summer with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
$30 Resident, $35 Non-resident
Sports Camp provides children the opportunity to play a different sport each day. Sports include basketball, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball and kickball. Children will learn basic skills and rules of each sport, and end each day with a fun 'game.'
Session 1: June 4-7
Registration Deadline: May 31
Session 2: June 18-21
Registration Deadline: June 14
Session 1: June 11-14
Registration Deadline: June 7
Session 2: June 25-28
Registration Deadline: June 21
All Sports Camp sessions meet Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Arena Park Shelter 1.
Ages 8-12: $65 Resident, $70 Non-Resident
Ages 13-18: $85 Resident, $90 Non-Resident
Prepare for your upcoming sports session with aerobic conditioning, plyometric and agility training, and stretching activities. Participants will use all different types of cardiovascular equipment and learn different aerobic training techniques from running to swimming. Participants will also learn the effectiveness of stretching through proper technique.
June 5-July 28
Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: June 1
Participants will work with a trainer to become faster and stronger for the upcoming sports season. Sessions will include proper stretching, aerobic training, strength training, plyometric and agility training, and one training session in the pool.
June 4-July 13 (no class on July 4)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 a.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: May 30