- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Sports Camps and Sports Conditioning -Register Now
Sports camps and conditioning are available for ages 8 through 18 this summer with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
$30 Resident, $35 Non-resident
Sports Camp provides children the opportunity to play a different sport each day. Sports include basketball, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball and kickball. Children will learn basic skills and rules of each sport, and end each day with a fun 'game.'
Session 1: June 4-7
Registration Deadline: May 31
Session 2: June 18-21
Registration Deadline: June 14
Session 1: June 11-14
Registration Deadline: June 7
Session 2: June 25-28
Registration Deadline: June 21
All Sports Camp sessions meet Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Arena Park Shelter 1.
Ages 8-12: $65 Resident, $70 Non-Resident
Ages 13-18: $85 Resident, $90 Non-Resident
Prepare for your upcoming sports session with aerobic conditioning, plyometric and agility training, and stretching activities. Participants will use all different types of cardiovascular equipment and learn different aerobic training techniques from running to swimming. Participants will also learn the effectiveness of stretching through proper technique.
June 5-July 28
Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: June 1
Participants will work with a trainer to become faster and stronger for the upcoming sports season. Sessions will include proper stretching, aerobic training, strength training, plyometric and agility training, and one training session in the pool.
June 4-July 13 (no class on July 4)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:30 a.m. -- 12:30 a.m. at the Osage Centre
Registration Deadline: May 30