- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Veteran-Led Service Project Seeks Volunteers
For the second year in a row, The Mission Continues and FOX Sports Midwest are teaming up to facilitate three large-scale service projects in the region. The veteran-led "Summer Service Slam" will hit Cape Girardeau on Saturday, June 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will landscape and beautify around the Cape Jr./Middle School's baseball field, repair and install goal posts and foul poles, along with several painting projects including dugouts, scoreboard and bleachers. The field is located at 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Mission Continues Fellowship Program Alumnus Robert Wake is leading the project. Now retired, Wake served over 20 years in the U.S. Army. Wake served his Mission Continues Fellowship with the American Red Cross, providing emergency notifications to military members and families. After his six month fellowship ended, Wake has continued to serve at the American Red Cross as a dedicated volunteer.
Broadcaster and former Cardinals pitcher Al Hrabosky will be in attendance at the Cape Girardeau project. FOX Sports Midwest is using Cardinals telecasts to recruit volunteers for the project and will be onsite on June 9 to tape and share the story of the project with viewers.
Veteran and civilian volunteers are encouraged to register for this project by visiting: https://missioncontinues.org/events_cale... or by calling 314-588-8805.