- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Veteran-Led Service Project Seeks Volunteers
For the second year in a row, The Mission Continues and FOX Sports Midwest are teaming up to facilitate three large-scale service projects in the region. The veteran-led "Summer Service Slam" will hit Cape Girardeau on Saturday, June 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will landscape and beautify around the Cape Jr./Middle School's baseball field, repair and install goal posts and foul poles, along with several painting projects including dugouts, scoreboard and bleachers. The field is located at 205 Caruthers, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Mission Continues Fellowship Program Alumnus Robert Wake is leading the project. Now retired, Wake served over 20 years in the U.S. Army. Wake served his Mission Continues Fellowship with the American Red Cross, providing emergency notifications to military members and families. After his six month fellowship ended, Wake has continued to serve at the American Red Cross as a dedicated volunteer.
Broadcaster and former Cardinals pitcher Al Hrabosky will be in attendance at the Cape Girardeau project. FOX Sports Midwest is using Cardinals telecasts to recruit volunteers for the project and will be onsite on June 9 to tape and share the story of the project with viewers.
Veteran and civilian volunteers are encouraged to register for this project by visiting: https://missioncontinues.org/events_cale... or by calling 314-588-8805.