- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6 with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department by participating in a recreational run or walk. All ages are invited to this free event.
The National Running Day event will feature a kid's run; one mile, two mile and three mile run/walk; and a five-mile run along the riverfront.
Event registration begins at 5:15 p.m. Participants should register at Capaha Park shelter one, off Broadway Street. Walking and running will begin at 6:00 p.m., with the kid's run.
To receive a National Running Day t-shirt, donate $12, and food will be available afterwards for $3 per plate. All proceeds benefit the Youth Track Club in Cape Girardeau. Drinks are free, and water stations will be provided along the courses.
For more events visit cityofcape.org/recreationevents or call for more information 573-339-6340.