- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6 with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department by participating in a recreational run or walk. All ages are invited to this free event.
The National Running Day event will feature a kid's run; one mile, two mile and three mile run/walk; and a five-mile run along the riverfront.
Event registration begins at 5:15 p.m. Participants should register at Capaha Park shelter one, off Broadway Street. Walking and running will begin at 6:00 p.m., with the kid's run.
To receive a National Running Day t-shirt, donate $12, and food will be available afterwards for $3 per plate. All proceeds benefit the Youth Track Club in Cape Girardeau. Drinks are free, and water stations will be provided along the courses.
For more events visit cityofcape.org/recreationevents or call for more information 573-339-6340.