- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6 with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department by participating in a recreational run or walk. All ages are invited to this free event.
The National Running Day event will feature a kid's run; one mile, two mile and three mile run/walk; and a five-mile run along the riverfront.
Event registration begins at 5:15 p.m. Participants should register at Capaha Park shelter one, off Broadway Street. Walking and running will begin at 6:00 p.m., with the kid's run.
To receive a National Running Day t-shirt, donate $12, and food will be available afterwards for $3 per plate. All proceeds benefit the Youth Track Club in Cape Girardeau. Drinks are free, and water stations will be provided along the courses.
For more events visit cityofcape.org/recreationevents or call for more information 573-339-6340.