- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6
Celebrate National Running Day on June 6 with the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department by participating in a recreational run or walk. All ages are invited to this free event.
The National Running Day event will feature a kid's run; one mile, two mile and three mile run/walk; and a five-mile run along the riverfront.
Event registration begins at 5:15 p.m. Participants should register at Capaha Park shelter one, off Broadway Street. Walking and running will begin at 6:00 p.m., with the kid's run.
To receive a National Running Day t-shirt, donate $12, and food will be available afterwards for $3 per plate. All proceeds benefit the Youth Track Club in Cape Girardeau. Drinks are free, and water stations will be provided along the courses.
For more events visit cityofcape.org/recreationevents or call for more information 573-339-6340.