- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2
Children, ages 3 to 18, are invited to participate in the Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2 at Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center. The event is co-sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, the Gator Swim Team, Culver's and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Pre-register by 5 p.m. on June 1 for discounted entry fees. Registration will also be available on the day of the event starting at 7 a.m.
The Kid's Races begin at 8 a.m., and the Youth Triathlon will begin at 8:30 a.m. The triathlon course traverses Cape Splash, the Osage Centre and the LaCroix Trail, and includes a 100-yard swim, 4-mile bike and one-mile run. Awards will be given to the top overall girl and boy and the top three finishers in each age division below.
For more information contact Parks and Recreation at 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.
Pre-Registration Pricing - by June 1
Youth Triathlon Individual $15
Youth Triathlon Team $30
Kid's One-Mile Run $8
Kid's Half-Mile Run $8
Day of Event Registration Pricing - June 2
Youth Triathlon Individual $20
Youth Triathlon Team $35
Kid's One-Mile Run $12
Kid's Half-Mile Run $12
Youth Triathlon Individual 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Youth Triathlon Team 8-13, 14-18
Kid's Half-Mile Run 3-5
Kid's One-Mile Run 6-8