- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2
Children, ages 3 to 18, are invited to participate in the Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2 at Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center. The event is co-sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, the Gator Swim Team, Culver's and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Pre-register by 5 p.m. on June 1 for discounted entry fees. Registration will also be available on the day of the event starting at 7 a.m.
The Kid's Races begin at 8 a.m., and the Youth Triathlon will begin at 8:30 a.m. The triathlon course traverses Cape Splash, the Osage Centre and the LaCroix Trail, and includes a 100-yard swim, 4-mile bike and one-mile run. Awards will be given to the top overall girl and boy and the top three finishers in each age division below.
For more information contact Parks and Recreation at 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.
Pre-Registration Pricing - by June 1
Youth Triathlon Individual $15
Youth Triathlon Team $30
Kid's One-Mile Run $8
Kid's Half-Mile Run $8
Day of Event Registration Pricing - June 2
Youth Triathlon Individual $20
Youth Triathlon Team $35
Kid's One-Mile Run $12
Kid's Half-Mile Run $12
Youth Triathlon Individual 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Youth Triathlon Team 8-13, 14-18
Kid's Half-Mile Run 3-5
Kid's One-Mile Run 6-8