- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2
Children, ages 3 to 18, are invited to participate in the Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2 at Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center. The event is co-sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, the Gator Swim Team, Culver's and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Pre-register by 5 p.m. on June 1 for discounted entry fees. Registration will also be available on the day of the event starting at 7 a.m.
The Kid's Races begin at 8 a.m., and the Youth Triathlon will begin at 8:30 a.m. The triathlon course traverses Cape Splash, the Osage Centre and the LaCroix Trail, and includes a 100-yard swim, 4-mile bike and one-mile run. Awards will be given to the top overall girl and boy and the top three finishers in each age division below.
For more information contact Parks and Recreation at 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.
Pre-Registration Pricing - by June 1
Youth Triathlon Individual $15
Youth Triathlon Team $30
Kid's One-Mile Run $8
Kid's Half-Mile Run $8
Day of Event Registration Pricing - June 2
Youth Triathlon Individual $20
Youth Triathlon Team $35
Kid's One-Mile Run $12
Kid's Half-Mile Run $12
Youth Triathlon Individual 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Youth Triathlon Team 8-13, 14-18
Kid's Half-Mile Run 3-5
Kid's One-Mile Run 6-8