- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2
Children, ages 3 to 18, are invited to participate in the Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2 at Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center. The event is co-sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, the Gator Swim Team, Culver's and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Pre-register by 5 p.m. on June 1 for discounted entry fees. Registration will also be available on the day of the event starting at 7 a.m.
The Kid's Races begin at 8 a.m., and the Youth Triathlon will begin at 8:30 a.m. The triathlon course traverses Cape Splash, the Osage Centre and the LaCroix Trail, and includes a 100-yard swim, 4-mile bike and one-mile run. Awards will be given to the top overall girl and boy and the top three finishers in each age division below.
For more information contact Parks and Recreation at 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.
Pre-Registration Pricing - by June 1
Youth Triathlon Individual $15
Youth Triathlon Team $30
Kid's One-Mile Run $8
Kid's Half-Mile Run $8
Day of Event Registration Pricing - June 2
Youth Triathlon Individual $20
Youth Triathlon Team $35
Kid's One-Mile Run $12
Kid's Half-Mile Run $12
Youth Triathlon Individual 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Youth Triathlon Team 8-13, 14-18
Kid's Half-Mile Run 3-5
Kid's One-Mile Run 6-8