- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2
Children, ages 3 to 18, are invited to participate in the Youth Triathlon and Kid's Race on June 2 at Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center. The event is co-sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, the Gator Swim Team, Culver's and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Pre-register by 5 p.m. on June 1 for discounted entry fees. Registration will also be available on the day of the event starting at 7 a.m.
The Kid's Races begin at 8 a.m., and the Youth Triathlon will begin at 8:30 a.m. The triathlon course traverses Cape Splash, the Osage Centre and the LaCroix Trail, and includes a 100-yard swim, 4-mile bike and one-mile run. Awards will be given to the top overall girl and boy and the top three finishers in each age division below.
For more information contact Parks and Recreation at 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.
Pre-Registration Pricing - by June 1
Youth Triathlon Individual $15
Youth Triathlon Team $30
Kid's One-Mile Run $8
Kid's Half-Mile Run $8
Day of Event Registration Pricing - June 2
Youth Triathlon Individual $20
Youth Triathlon Team $35
Kid's One-Mile Run $12
Kid's Half-Mile Run $12
Youth Triathlon Individual 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Youth Triathlon Team 8-13, 14-18
Kid's Half-Mile Run 3-5
Kid's One-Mile Run 6-8