- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Work to begin Tuesday on Bainbridge Road in Jackson; traffic will be detoured through July
Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday for Jackson's Bainbridge Road widening and culvert improvement project that will require closing of a portion of Bainbridge Road, except to local traffic, through July.
Roadway improvements include replacing a narrow culvert under the road and restoring the width of the roadway to accommodate two-way traffic flow. A total of 75 working days are allowed for completion of the project, which, weather permitting, is anticipated to last through July.
Bainbridge Road between South Oak Hill Road and South Old Orchard Road will be closed to all but local traffic. Through traffic will be detoured around the construction site on South Oak Hill Road, East Main Street and South Old Orchard Road.
Rodney Bollinger, director of public works, said by news release Thursday that motorists are asked to use caution at all times when near the construction zone and to obey all warning signs.
For more information, contact Bollinger at 243-2300.
Bainbridge Road at South Oak Hill Road, Jackson, MO