- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Rita Moll, 82, of Perryville died Tuesday, May 22, 2012, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Feb. 17, 1930, at Biehle, Mo., daughter of John and Regina Amschler Winschel. She and Gerald Moll were married Sept. 11, 1948, at Apple Creek, Mo. He preceded her in death Oct. 8, 2011.
Rita was a floral designer. She worked at Moonier's Florist 32 years, retiring in 2009. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, where she sang in the choir 50 years. She also served on Perry County Extension.
Survivors include two sons, Darryl (Arlene) Moll of Rapid City, S.D., Rick (Kathleen) Moll of Perryville; four daughters, Karren (Bud) Tarrillion of Perryville, Kathryn (Stanley Storc) of Los Angeles, Kristina (Michael) LaRose of Jefferson City, Mo., Cynthia (Kenton) Rubach of St. Louis; three sisters, Celestine Moll of Biehle, Delores Berkbuegler of Perryville, Natalie Helfer of St. Peters, Mo.; two brothers, Herbert Winschel of Apple Creek, Patrick Winschel of Perryville; 15 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sons, Troy and Kirk Moll; and a brother, Elliot Winschel.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. Friday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 5:30 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at noon Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Perryville. The Rev. Milton Ryan will officiate. Entombment will be in Mary, Queen of Heaven Mausoleum at Mount Hope Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to Vincentian Marian Youth or a charity of choice.