- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Candidate questionnaire: Mary Ann Friese
NAME: Mary Ann Friese
PLACE OF BIRTH:
I was born in Cape Girardeau, MO, I grew up on the family farm west of Oak Ridge, MO
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Kenneth (Kenny), Husband
Waylon Friese, Son
Blake Friese, Son
Co-owner and office manager of Kenneth W. Friese, Inc., a livestock transportation company
I am a 1975 graduate of Oak Ridge High School with honors. I then enrolled and attended Brown's Business College in Cape Girardeau enrolling in the legal secretarial program. I also completed a real estate course and obtained a Missouri State Realtor's license.
Kenneth W. Friese, Inc. a family owned business since March, 1979. We specialize in livestock transportation.
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: Kenneth W. Friese, Inc.
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
I have never sought public office before, however I have assisted other candidates in their bid for public office.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
I possess diverse experience professionally and personally. I have past legal experience in probate law, I have real estate experience, I have worked in a team environment in the corporate world and have successfully managed our own trucking business for the last 33 years. I have the knowledge, skills and hands on experience to fulfill the duties of the Public Administrator. I am an excellent communicator and a people person. I am trustworthy and accountable.
WHY ARE YOU SEEKING THIS SEAT IN SUCH A CROWDED FIELD?
I did not decide to seek this office on a whim. I had actually put it on my bucket list a couple of years ago thinking I would file when the opportunity arose. As I look back at my professional experiences and at some very personal experiences, I know that God has brought me to this point and was saying to me "This is what I have prepared you for, now go do it."
I know in my heart that I'm very qualified for this position. I want the voters of Cape Girardeau County to know that I will serve them faithfully. I can and will provide care, compassion and accountability. I have a very deep personal belief that I have been called to serve in this capacity. We are all directed by our Father in heaven to be our brother's keeper and I'm honored and humbled to serve.