- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration May 27th
The annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration will be held Sunday, May 27th. The old bell will announce morning worship at 11:00 am with David Schaffner as guest speaker. Trudy Lee, guest soloist, and Carolyn Thompson, organist, will provide special music. Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association Board President Joe Mathews will speak of current projects. Bring covered dishes to share during "dinner on the grounds" following the service. Drinks will be provided.
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, established in 1838, is located on County Road 541 near Fruitland. A goal for this year is to add more information to the website http://pleasanthillcemeterymo.com and provide more ways to share historical detail about the Church, cemetery, and ongoing activities.
People with interest, time, and energy are needed to be involved directly and regularly with the care and maintenance of this peaceful site. For more information you may contact Joe Mathews at (573)243-0303, Lee Ann Schenimann, sec/treas at (573)334-6882, or Jonell McNeely at (573)243-4716 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or come to the Celebration on May 27th to learn more.