- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration May 27th
The annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration will be held Sunday, May 27th. The old bell will announce morning worship at 11:00 am with David Schaffner as guest speaker. Trudy Lee, guest soloist, and Carolyn Thompson, organist, will provide special music. Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association Board President Joe Mathews will speak of current projects. Bring covered dishes to share during "dinner on the grounds" following the service. Drinks will be provided.
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, established in 1838, is located on County Road 541 near Fruitland. A goal for this year is to add more information to the website http://pleasanthillcemeterymo.com and provide more ways to share historical detail about the Church, cemetery, and ongoing activities.
People with interest, time, and energy are needed to be involved directly and regularly with the care and maintenance of this peaceful site. For more information you may contact Joe Mathews at (573)243-0303, Lee Ann Schenimann, sec/treas at (573)334-6882, or Jonell McNeely at (573)243-4716 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or come to the Celebration on May 27th to learn more.