- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration May 27th
The annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration will be held Sunday, May 27th. The old bell will announce morning worship at 11:00 am with David Schaffner as guest speaker. Trudy Lee, guest soloist, and Carolyn Thompson, organist, will provide special music. Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association Board President Joe Mathews will speak of current projects. Bring covered dishes to share during "dinner on the grounds" following the service. Drinks will be provided.
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, established in 1838, is located on County Road 541 near Fruitland. A goal for this year is to add more information to the website http://pleasanthillcemeterymo.com and provide more ways to share historical detail about the Church, cemetery, and ongoing activities.
People with interest, time, and energy are needed to be involved directly and regularly with the care and maintenance of this peaceful site. For more information you may contact Joe Mathews at (573)243-0303, Lee Ann Schenimann, sec/treas at (573)334-6882, or Jonell McNeely at (573)243-4716 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or come to the Celebration on May 27th to learn more.