- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration May 27th
The annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration will be held Sunday, May 27th. The old bell will announce morning worship at 11:00 am with David Schaffner as guest speaker. Trudy Lee, guest soloist, and Carolyn Thompson, organist, will provide special music. Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association Board President Joe Mathews will speak of current projects. Bring covered dishes to share during "dinner on the grounds" following the service. Drinks will be provided.
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, established in 1838, is located on County Road 541 near Fruitland. A goal for this year is to add more information to the website http://pleasanthillcemeterymo.com and provide more ways to share historical detail about the Church, cemetery, and ongoing activities.
People with interest, time, and energy are needed to be involved directly and regularly with the care and maintenance of this peaceful site. For more information you may contact Joe Mathews at (573)243-0303, Lee Ann Schenimann, sec/treas at (573)334-6882, or Jonell McNeely at (573)243-4716 or email@example.com, and/or come to the Celebration on May 27th to learn more.