- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration May 27th
The annual Pleasant Hill Day Celebration will be held Sunday, May 27th. The old bell will announce morning worship at 11:00 am with David Schaffner as guest speaker. Trudy Lee, guest soloist, and Carolyn Thompson, organist, will provide special music. Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association Board President Joe Mathews will speak of current projects. Bring covered dishes to share during "dinner on the grounds" following the service. Drinks will be provided.
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, established in 1838, is located on County Road 541 near Fruitland. A goal for this year is to add more information to the website http://pleasanthillcemeterymo.com and provide more ways to share historical detail about the Church, cemetery, and ongoing activities.
People with interest, time, and energy are needed to be involved directly and regularly with the care and maintenance of this peaceful site. For more information you may contact Joe Mathews at (573)243-0303, Lee Ann Schenimann, sec/treas at (573)334-6882, or Jonell McNeely at (573)243-4716 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or come to the Celebration on May 27th to learn more.