- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
How to help with exhibit in honor of Levi Collom
* Attend the "Help Levi's Legacy Live On" fundraiser
The event begins at 6 p.m. Friday under tents on the east side of Jeremiah's Restaurant and Lounge in Sikeston, Mo. All proceeds will help create an exhibit in honor of the late Levi Stephen Collom at the Discovery Playhouse. Levi, who died at age 3 on March 18, is the son of Ellen and Glenn Collom of Benton, Mo., and grandson of Steve and Viney Mosley of Cape Girardeau and Bobbi Collom of Sikeston. A concept drawing of the exhibit is also slated to be revealed during the fundraiser.
A silent auction will be from 6 to 10 p.m. A large number of items were donated for the auction and can be viewed by following Levi's event page on Facebook (do a search on Facebook for Levi Collom). Silent auction items will also be accepted until the day of the event.
Raffle tickets for 15 prizes, which include two St. Louis Cardinals tickets, a 40-inch LCD TV, barbecue grill package and $150 cash are being sold for $10 each or three for $25.
Advance tickets may be purchased at Hi-Tech Communications and First State Community Bank. The $15 cover charge includes appetizers, chocolate fountain and one draft beer or cola. Draft beer will also be available for $2.
* Mail donations
Donations may be mailed to The Levi Stephen Collom Memorial Fund, c/o First State Community Bank, 201 N. Main St., Sikeston, MO 63801.
* Online donations
Donations can be made at Razoo.com by searching for "Levi Stephen Collom Fund." A video of Levi with family and friends can also be viewed here.
* Other ways to help
The family is also seeking matching grants and corporate support. Resources for building the exhibit will also be needed.
* Learn more
Contact Gina Crabtree at 573-225-5714 or Theresa Proffer at 573-380-5691.