- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Robert Lewis VanGennip, 74, of Glenallen died Friday, May 18, 2012, at the home of his daughter.
He was born March 29, 1938, near Advance, Mo., son of Joseph and Bertie Mansker VanGennip. He and Hazel Laverne Christy were married June 16, 1956. She preceded him in death in 2007.
VanGennip worked for Skelgas and Amoco in St. Louis before moving to Glenallen. He was owner of VanGennip Oil Co. before retiring in 2002.
He served his country proudly in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Christy and Scott; grandchildren, Bennett and Abigail Roberts, all of Arnold, Mo.; a sister, Imogene (Norman) VanGennip of Marble Hill, Mo.; and a special friend, Wanda McGuire.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and an infant son, Randy Lee VanGennip.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Liley Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.