- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Olive Branch residents to discuss plans for rebuilding
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Residents interested in rebuilding Olive Branch after last year's flood will meet today to discuss future plans.
The meeting will begin at 4:30 p.m. at the Alexander County Highway Department, 26799 Highway 3 in Olive Branch.
The community of about 160 families has applied for a disaster mitigation grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Alexander County engineer Jeff Denny said Olive Branch should receive notification from FEMA concerning its grant application in the next few months.
26799 Illinois Highway 3, Olive Branch, Ill.